Announcement. ASUS Zenfone 9 - a moderately compact flagship without a telephoto (+first reviews)
The ASUS company continues to bend its line. The newly announced ASUS Zenfone 9, like its predecessor Zenfone 8 last year, is a compact (by modern standards) and very powerful smartphone. A very reasonable and very logical upgrade. Everything is on the mind, even the fingerprint scanner was dug out from under the screen! The only thing missing for 100% flagship is a telephoto camera. There is no wireless charging yet, but I am ready to put up with its absence.
To understand the dimensions. ASUS Zenfone 9 is the same height as Galaxy S22 and iPhone 13. But �A couple of millimeters already. And one and a half millimeters thicker.
The chipset is, of course, Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, i.e. the most powerful one available. For a million points in AnTuTu. Naturally, a serious cooling system.
Memory. From relatively modest 8 + 128 GB to not very modest 16 + 256 GB. I'm surprised that there is no 512 GB version for the kit, but for some reason like this. Support for memory cards, of course, no.
The screen dimensions are identical to those used in Zenfone 8. AMOLED-matrix with a diagonal of 5.9 "(84 cm²). The standard resolution of 1080x2400 gives 446 ppi on this diagonal. Refresh rateUp to 120 Hz. The screen is not LTPO, so there is no adaptive frequency control. But there is a protective glass Gorilla Glass Victus.
The battery has a capacity of 4300 mAh. It seems to be not much, but remember that Galaxy S22 has 3700 mAh in general. Charging is fast, but without fanaticism - 30 W.
Cameras. One front, 12 MP. And two rear, 50 + 12 MP. All three are equipped with autofocus.
- 50 MP main. The sensor is the super popular Sony IMX766. Advanced stabilization system ("gimbals").
- 12 MP, wide-angle, it can also be macro. The sensor is Sony IMX363. It's not to be expected from her.something supernatural.
- 12 MP, frontal. Fresh sensor Sony IMX663, which is used in such cameras. And also on television.
Other. There is protection against water and dust according to the class IP68. The fingerprint scanner is located on the side. They did not abandon the standard audio output.
About money. In Europe, the smartphone will cost €799 (₽48,700, $809), €849 (₽51,800, $860) and €899 (₽54,800, $911) for versions 8+128, 8+256 and 16+256 GB. In the Far Abroad the price starts from $699 (₽42100).
ASUS Zenfone 9 has already been issued to reviewers. (And apparently a long time ago). So a lot of reviews were published at the time of the announcement. I hide a few pieces (in English, of course) under cat. The full collection can be found on our helpix.ru on the smartphone page.First reviews of Zenfone 9
- GSMArena: Asus Zenfone 9 review
- Phone Arena: Asus Zenfone 9 review: Compact perfection
- Digital Trends: Asus Zenfone 9 review: the flagship phone you can use with one hand
- Android Authority: Asus Zenfone 9 review: Small in stature, big on personality
- Android Police: Asus Zenfone 9 review: Power to the petite
- AndroidHeadlines: ASUS Zenfone 9 Review: Android's Answer to the iPhone Mini
- TechRadar: An iPhone price but mid-range specs: our Asus Zenfone 9 review
- Tom's Guide: Asus Zenfone 9 review: One of the best small phones ever
- TrustedReviews: First Impressions: Asus Zenfone 9 Review
Varieties:A version - 5G Bands 1-3,5,7,8,12,20,28,38,77,78, LTE Bands 1-5,7,8,12,17-20,26,28,34,38 -42 B version - 5G Bands 1-3,5,7,8,12,20,28,38,41,77,78, LTE Bands 1-5,7,8,12,17-20,26,28,34 ,38-42 C version - 5G Bands 1-3,5,7,8,12,20,25,28,38,40,41,66,71,77,78, LTE Bands 1-5,7,8,12,17 -220.127.116.11.34.38-42.66.71
ASUS Zenfone 9 Key Features:ScreenAMOLED, 5.9", 1080x2400, 446 ppi, 84 cm², 120 Hz, touch, capacitive, multi-touch, Samsung, Gorilla Glass Victus, Always On, HDR10+ HardwareQualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
1 x Cortex-X2, 3 x Cortex-A710, 4 x Cortex-A510, Adreno 730 Memory RAM 8-16 GB, ROM 128-256 GB, no memory card, LPDDR5,UFS3.1 Mobile Internet5G
EDGE Mobile Networks5G Bands 1-3,5,7,8,12,20,28,38,77,78
LTE Bands 1-5,7,8,12,17-20,26,28,34,38 -42
UMTS Bands 1(2100), 2(1900), 4(1700), 5(850), 6(800), 8(900), 19(800)
GSM Bands 2(1900) , 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900) Rechargeable Li-Pol, 4300 mAh, fast charging 30.00 W Dimensions146.5 x 68.1 x 9.1 mm Weight169 g Rear camera: dual, flash, autofocus
- 50 MP, f/1.56, 1/1.90", 1.00μm, 23.80mm, Sony IMX766, 8K@24fps, 4K@60fps
- 12 MP, wide-angle, f/2.2, 113°, 1/2.55", 1.40μm, 14.40mm, Sony IMX363, + macro
front camera: 12 MP, f/2.45, 1/2.93", 1.22μm, 27.50mm, Sony IMX663, no flash, autofocus NavigationGPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo OSAndroid 12 SensorsAccelerometer, Gyroop, Compass, Approximation, Illumination, Fingerprint scanner (side), Hall, NFC USBType-C v3.0