Announcement. Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - now with 200 megapixels (+prices and first looks)
As you have heard from all the local irons, Samsung announced its latest flagships last night - Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+ and Galaxy S23 Ultra. This news is about the older smartphone, about the Ultra. Well, you can read about the younger brothers in the next news.
As expected, the Galaxy S23 Ultra is a development of last year's S22 Ultra. We replaced the chipset, but worked with the cameras. And so - all the same big flagship smartphone with a stylus that hides inside the case.
The appearance of Ultra, as before, is still the same brick-like. TOThe ud is more brick-like than that of the younger smartphones of the series. The screen glass was left the same thoroughly rounded as last year's model. I don’t understand these roundness, but people probably like it.
Color differentiation of colors has not gone away. Those colors that you see in this picture can be bought anywhere...
...But these four colors are exclusive to Samsung.com.
The hardware is exactly the same as that of the younger brothers in the series. Those. There are no Exynos this year. And the chip is called Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy. "Slightly� Modified" for the client's favorite version of the usual Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. Judging by the official characteristics, they raised the frequency of the main processor core from 3.2 GHz to 3.36 GHz. Perhaps there are some other changes, I don’t know.
Memory. There are no changes here. 8 or 12 GB of RAM, from 128 GB to 1 TB of permanent memory. Support for memory cards, of course, no.
The screen has the same basic characteristics as its ancestor. Diagonal 6.8 "(114 cm²). Matrix - Dynamic AMOLED 2X. High resolution 1440x3088 (501 ppi), dynamic refresh rate from 1 to 120 Hz, ultra high brightness.
The battery capacity has not changed either - 5000 mAh. And the charging speed is still the same 45 watts. There is also wireless charging.
Cameras. The resolution of the front camera suddenly dropped from 40 to 12 MP. But it's probably right. Selfie - fight (joke).
Rear cameras. There are four of them, as before. Telephotos and the main camera, of course, are equipped with optical stabilization.
- The resolution of the main camera has increased to 200 MP. The sensor is a fresh Samsung ISOCELL HP2 (debut) with a 1/1.3" matrix. However, the S22 Ultra had a matrix that was not much smaller- 1/1.33".
- 10 MP - telephoto periscope with tenfold magnification.
- 10 MP is a simple 3x telephoto lens.
- 12 MP is a traditional wide-angle camera.
Judging by the technical characteristics, the sensors of wide telephoto cameras remained the same as they were. Those. Sony IMX754 (two pieces) and Sony IMX563 respectively. But this is inaccurate.
What are your predictions? What will Dxomark say?
Other. The fingerprint scanner is, of course, built into the screen. There is no standard audio output, of course. But there is protection against water and dust according to the class IP68.
In the USASamsung Galaxy S23 Ultra will cost from $1199.99 (₽84100), in Europe - from €1399 (₽107000, $1520).
Of course, there will be no official deliveries to Russia. But stores have already begun to actively collect pre-orders, because no one has canceled parallel imports. Here, M.Video, for example. From ₽109999 ($1570) for junior versions in certain colors. If anyone sees better prices - share links.
Smartphones have already been shown to reviewers. I hide a few first glances (all in English) under cat. Well, look for the full collection of links on the smartphone page on our page.Please.First looks at the Galaxy S23 Ultra
- MySmartPrice: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra First Impressions: Big Daddy of Android Flagships
- Expert Reviews: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra hands-on review: More of the same, in a good way
- GSMArena: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, S23+, and S23 hands-on review
- XDA-Developers: Hands on: The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra is at the top of its class again
- Tom's Guide: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra hands-on: A 200-megapixel beast
- Pocket-lint: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra initial review: The second coming
- Android Authority: Samsung Galaxy S23 hands-on impressions: Different enough, just about
- NDTV Gadgets: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra First Impressions: Big Upgrades in a Familiar Package
- Laptop Mag: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra hands-on review: incremental changes with a ridiculous camera
- Engadget: SamsungGalaxy S23 Ultra hands-on: A 200MP camera is the biggest update | Engadget
- TrustedReviews: First Impressions: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Review
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Key Features:Screen Dynamic AMOLED, 6.8", 114 cm², 1440x3088, 501 ppi, 120 Hz, sensor polling rate 240 Hz, touch, capacitive, multi-touch, Dynamic AMOLED 2X, Gorilla Glass Victus 2, HDR10 +, 1-120 Hz HardwareQualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy
3.36 GHz, 1 x Kryo Prime (Cortex-X3), 2 x Kryo Gold (Cortex-A715), 2 x Kryo Gold (Cortex-A710) , 3 x Kryo Silver (Cortex-A510), Adreno 740 Memory RAM 8-12 GB, ROM 256 GB-1 TB, no memory card, UFS 4.0 Mobile Internet5G
EDGE Mobile networks5G
GSM BatteryTor Li-Pol, 5000 mAh, fast charge 45.00 W, wireless charge 10.00 W, reverse charge 4.50 W Dimensions163.4 x 78.1 x 8.9 mm Weight234 g Rear camera: quad, flash, autofocus
- 200 MP, f/1.7, 85°, 1/1.30", 0.60μm, Samsung ISOCELL HP2, OIS
- 10 MP, telephoto, f/4.9, 11°, 1/3.52", 1.12μm, periscope, 10X, OIS
- 10 MP, telephoto, f/2.4, 36°, 1/3.52", 1.12μm, 3X, OIS
- 12 MP, wide-angle, f/2.2, 120°, 1/2.55", 1.40μm
front camera: 12 MP, f/2.2, 80°, no flash, autofocus NavigationGPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo OS Android 13, One UI 5.1 SensorsAccelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity, Barometer, Ambient Light, Fingerprint Scanner (�faucet), NFC USB Type-C v3.2, USB-OTG