Announcement. Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - the continuation of the evolution of the flagship smartphone tablet
Samsung announced yesterday the fourth generation of its famous foldable smartphone tablet. Meet Galaxy Z Fold4. (In Ukraine, and, it seems, only there the device is called Galaxy Fold4, i.e. without the letter Z).
Revolutionary changes compared to the predecessor Galaxy Z Fold3, it seems, are not visible. Updated hardware. Slightly changed the dimensions and proportions of the screens. And (and this is perhaps the most important thing) they replaced the main camera.
The essence of the device remains the same. Two screens, one of which is bendable. Flagship stuffing, very serious pricesa. Bent the screen - got a smartphone. Unfolded the screen - got a small tablet.
Both screens have a Dynamic AMOLED 2X matrix. Larger, respectively, flexible. Smaller - traditional. The refresh rate for both screens is up to 120 Hz. The larger screen has a diagonal of 7.6 "(183 cm²) with a resolution of 1812x2176 (373 ppi) - i.e. it is almost square - an aspect ratio of 10.8 / 9. The predecessor, by the way, was a little less square - with an aspect ratio of 11.3 / 9.
The smaller screen is a classic stretched 6.2" (84 cm²), 904x2316 (401 ppi). Here the aspect ratio is 23.1/9. (PredecessorIka was generally already 24.5/9). That is, this screen is slightly smaller than that of most modern "ordinary" smartphones, where the standard matrix area is now on average about 100 cm².
Frontal cameras (two pieces), apparently, migrated from their predecessor without changes. The first frontalka is hidden in the "tablet" screen, the other - in the external "smartphone". The "tablet" front camera has a modest resolution of 4 MP, but at the same time it is sub-screen. The "smartphone" frontalka is traditional, located in the usual round neckline. Its resolution is 10 MP.
The rest of the camera set appears to be identical to the one used in the Galaxy S22. Trio 50+12+10 MP. The main camera, wide-angle (without autofocus) and a triple telephoto lens with optical stabilization. Apparently, Samsung ISOCELL GN5 is used as the main sensor. Compared to the Galaxy Z Fold3, progress is evident, the main sensor was simpler there, and the telephoto was more modest.
Let's move on to less exciting things.
If we ignore all of the above, then we have a classic modern flagship. Chipset Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (per millionn points in AnTuTu), 12 GB of RAM, from 256 GB to 1 TB of permanent memory (there was no support for memory cards, and no). A typical battery capacity is 4400 mAh. Fast charging is fast but not insane - 25W. Plus there's 15W wireless charging.
Other. 5G, NFC, sixth Wi-Fi, barometer, side fingerprint scanner, support for both traditional SIM cards (2 pcs) and eSIM.
Well, and protection against water should be noted - according to the class IPX8. Those. full immersion to a depth of one and a half meters for up to 30 minutes is permissible. What is not trivial, at the same time they do not promise protection against dust.�i.
And about money.
- €1,799 (₽111,000, $1,840), €1,919 (₽118,000, $1,960) and €2,159 (₽133,000, $2,200) for the 12+256, 12+512 and 12+1024 GB versions at launch in Europe.
- $1799.99 (₽109000), $1919.99 (₽116000) and $2159.99 (₽131000) for the same versions in the US.
We are not waiting for white supplies to Russia, we are waiting only for parallel imports.The
Galaxy Z Fold4 is already in the hands of reviewers. So we have about a million "first glances" (there are no large full-fledged reviews yet). I hide a few pieces under the cat. The full collection, as usual, is available on our website on the smartphone page.PreliminaryReviews of Galaxy Z Fold4
- GSMArena: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 and Z Flip4 hands-on review
- XDA-Developers: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 Hands-On: Thinner, lighter, stronger, faster
- MySmartPrice: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 First Impressions: Good-Old Fold is Finally Gold
- TechRadar: Hands on: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 review
- TrustedReviews: First Impressions: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 Review
- NDTV Gadgets: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 First Impressions: Iterative Upgrades
- Tom's Guide: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 hands-on review: A smarter (and sleeker) foldable
- Expert Reviews: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 hands-on review: New and improved?
- Pocket-lint: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 initial review: It's all about refinement
- Engadget: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 hands-on: It's what you don't see that makes the difference | Engadget
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 Key Features:Screen Dynamic AMOLED, 7.6", 1812x2176, 373 ppi, 183 cm², 120 Hz, touch, capacitive, multi-touch, Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 1-120 Hz Add. screenDynamic AMOLED, 6.2", 904x2316, 401 ppi, 84 cm², 120 Hz, touch, capacitive, multi-touch, 48-120 Hz HardwareQualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
1 x Cortex-X2, 3 x Cortex-A710, 4 x Cortex-A510, Adreno 730 Memory RAM 12 GB, ROM 256 GB - 1 TB, no memory card, UFS 3.1 Mobile Internet5G
EDGE Mobile networks5G
GSM Li-Pol battery, 4400 mAh, fast charging 25.00 W, wireless charging 15.00 W, reverse wireless charging 4.50 W Size��155.1 x 130.1 x 6.3 mm Weight263 g Rear camera: triple, flash, autofocus
- 50 MP, f/1.8, 85°, 1.00μm, Dual Pixel, OIS
- 12 MP, wide-angle, f/2.2, 123°, 1.12μm
- 10 MP, telephoto, f/2.4, 36°, 1.00μm, OIS, 3X
front camera: dual,
- 4 MP, f/1.8, 80°, 2.00μm, subscreen, main screen
- 10 MP, f/2.2, 85°, 1.22μm, outer screen NavigationGPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo OS Android 12 (Android 12L, One UI 4.1.1) SensorsAccelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity, Barometer, Light, Fingerprint (side), Hall, NFC USBType-C v3.2, USB-OTG