belated. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 2 - a laptop with a flexible screen, now big
If a tablet-smartphone is a hybrid of a smartphone and a tablet, then Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 2 can probably be called a tabletbook. Hybrid tablet and laptop. Solid in its power device with a flexible screen. For filling - classic wintel - hardware from Intel and Windows as an operating system.
The first Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold was announced in the infinitely distant 2020. And it had a screen with a diagonal of 13.3 "(548 cm²). The size of the newcomer grew to 16.3" (834 cm²). As you can easily calculate, the screen area has increased by a little more than one and a half times.
The idea remains the same. Four main work scenarios:
- We work on a large flat screen like on a tablet.
- We connect the keyboard and get a laptop with a huge screen.
- Bend the screen, put the physical keyboard on the bottom half. We get a classic laptop with a small screen (about 12 ").
- Bending the screen, drawing on the bottom half of the touch keyboard. We get a strange laptop with the same small screen.
However, there are more original versions of the work on the advertising pictures. Although for me personally their convenience toseems a bit controversial. Although, of course, if you don't try, you won't know. And a lot depends on the convenience of the software.
About the characteristics.
OLED screen, resolution 2560x2024 (200 ppi). High brightness, HDR support.
It seems that there will be a lot of varieties on sale. There is not only accurate, but even approximate information yet. Hardware - "up to 12th generation Intel Core i7". RAM - up to 32 GB. Permanent - up to 1 TB. Typical laptop specs, nothing special.
Dual front camera (regular 5MP camera plus speciallysed infrared module for identification).
One Type-C 3.2 Gen 2 plus two Thunderbolt 4. There is support for 5G networks (most likely optional). Wi-Fi latest version - 6E. Four microphones, three speakers.
Weight - a little less than 1.3 kg. Folded size - 276.2 x 176.2 x 17.4 mm. For comparison, a standard A4 sheet is 297 x 210 mm. Those. Lenovo when folded is noticeably smaller, it will really be easy and pleasant to carry it with you.
Expensive. From $2499 (₽151000) at the start of sales. And this is for it is not clear for what kind of iron, I remind you. Plus, buy a keyboard separately.have to.
There are no full reviews on Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 2 yet, but there are enough "first glances" from the exhibition. I hide a few pieces under the cat.Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 2 First Looks
- Pocket-lint: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold (2022) initial review: Hands on with the bendy, flexible laptop
- XDA-Developers: Hands on: The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 2 might actually be good
- Tom's Guide: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold 2022 hands-on: A better foldable-screen laptop, but who is this for?
- Android Authority: Lenovo X1 Fold (2022) hands-on: The foldable laptop with flex
- Engadget: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold hands-on: Big upgrades, inside and out | Engadget
- Ars Technica: Hands-on: Lenovo's second foldable PC addresses the first's biggest problems
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 2 Key Features:OLED screen, 16.3", 834 cm², 2560x2024, 200 ppi, touch, capacitive, multi-touch Hardware Intel Core i7 MemoryRAM 32 GB, ROM 1 TB, no memory card, LPDDR5, PCIe Gen 4 Mobile Internet5G
EDGE Mobile networks5G
GSM Rechargeable Li-Pol, 48.00 Wh, fast charge 65.00 W Dimensions345.7 x 276.2 x 8.6 mm Weight1280 g Cameras front camera: dual, no flash, no autofocus
- 5 MP
— ?? MP, infrared Navigation- OSMS Windows 11 USBType-C v3.2