Team information and stats forward of Aston Villa vs Arsenal within the Premier League on Saturday; kick-off 12.30pm.
Kortney Hause stays sidelined for Aston Villa. The defender is unlikely to return earlier than the tip of the month after struggling a foot harm.
Wesley is continuous his restoration from a long-term knee harm however the striker just isn’t near a return following 13 months out.
Arsenal will likely be with out suspended duo Bernd Leno and David Luiz after the pair have been despatched off in Tuesday’s 2-1 defeat at Wolves.
Goalkeeper Mat Ryan may make his debut by stepping in for Leno however has been fighting a hip drawback so Alex Runarsson can even be on standby.
- Ole: Man Utd have ‘open dialogue’ with Pogba over future
- Merson says: ‘Spurs the worst team to observe within the league’
- PL predictions: Antonio to star in West Ham win
- Suarez: I used to be disrespected by Barcelona
- Pep hits again at Klopp after ‘two-week’ break declare
- Diallo scores once more for Man Utd U23s in Blackburn thriller
- Pep’s rules: The case for the defence
- Liverpool vs Man City: The techniques file
- The manner of Wan-Bissaka at Man Utd
- Aston Villa vs Arsenal preview: Luiz, Leno suspended
There could also be a return to the beginning line-up for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang however there are nonetheless health considerations over Kieran Tierney, Dani Ceballos and Pablo Mari (all calf) as Martin Odegaard pushes for his full debut.
- Premier League desk | Premier League prime scorers
- Premier League fixtures | Premier League outcomes
How to comply with
A look forward to matchweek 23 within the Premier League and a number of the key stats surrounding this rounds set of fixtures
Follow the sport in our devoted dwell match weblog. Highlights can even be printed on the Sky Sports digital platforms and the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the ultimate whistle.
- Download the Sky Sports Scores App: Apple | Android
- The UK’s No 1 scores app: Find out extra
Jones Knows’ prediction
My religion in Aston Villa being a real top-six contender is wavering. Villa have misplaced 4 of their final six Premier League video games – as many as that they had of their earlier 18. Have groups labored out how one can cease their intelligent interchanges by midfield? In their final two matches, Villa have solely registered 15 pictures and conceded 39 on their purpose.
Arsenal will not be affording them a lot area both on this one. According to anticipated objectives conceded knowledge, their season tally of 11.48 away from dwelling ranks them because the fourth-best defence within the league. This is much more spectacular contemplating they’ve already performed Manchester City, Liverpool and Manchester United on the street this season.
This one appears set to be a low-scoring affair settled by a high-quality margin. I’m on the fence with the end result.
- Ref Watch: Luiz needed to go | Dean obtained it mistaken
An angle to assault at an interesting value is Ollie Watkins to have a header on course with Sky Bet at 4/1. Only Patrick Bamford (22), Aleksandar Mitrovic (19) and Dominic Calvert-Lewin (18) have had extra headers on purpose than the in-form Watkins this season with 5 of these hitting the goal. He managed to attain a header within the reverse fixture, too.
JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 1-1
BETTING ANGLE: Ollie Watkins to have a headed shot on course (4/1 with Sky Bet)
FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from West Ham’s win towards Aston Villa
- Aston Villa have not accomplished a league double over Arsenal because the first Premier League season in 1992/93 underneath Ron Atkinson, successful 1-0 in each video games.
- Arsenal have not misplaced three league video games in a row towards Aston Villa since November 1993, once they misplaced their first three Premier League encounters with the Villans.
- Arsenal have failed to attain of their final two league matches towards Aston Villa, managing simply two pictures on course throughout these video games, each of their 0-3 defeat earlier this season.
- Aston Villa have misplaced 4 of their final six Premier League video games (W2), as many as that they had of their earlier 18 within the competitors (W10 D4 L4).
- Arsenal misplaced their final match towards Wolves, ending a seven-game unbeaten run for the Gunners within the Premier League (W5 D2). They final misplaced consecutive league video games in November/December, a run of three which started with defeat to Wolves.
- Aston Villa have conceded on common 1.6 objectives per Premier League dwelling recreation this season (14 objectives in 9 video games), in distinction to their away kind which has seen them ship simply 0.9 objectives per recreation (10 in 11).
FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Wolves’ win towards Arsenal
- Since Mikel Arteta’s first recreation answerable for Arsenal in December 2019, the Gunners have had extra Premier League pink playing cards than every other aspect (9). Arsenal noticed each David Luiz and Bernd Leno despatched off of their final league match towards Wolves.
- Aston Villa striker Ollie Watkins netted twice on the Emirates earlier this season towards Arsenal of their 3-0 Premier League win – solely Didier Drogba has ever scored 2+ objectives in consecutive Premier League video games towards the Gunners, doing so within the 2009/10 season.
- Aston Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martínez stored a clear sheet in his first Premier League look towards Arsenal earlier this season; the one two goalkeepers to maintain clear sheets of their first two Premier League appearances towards a membership they’ve beforehand appeared for within the competitors are Shaka Hislop vs Newcastle (1998-99) and Mark Schwarzer vs Middlesbrough (2008-09).
- Arsenal’s Nicolas Pépé has scored in every of his final three away video games within the Premier League, having scored in simply two of his first 18 on the street within the competitors. The final Arsenal participant to attain in 4 immediately league video games was Olivier Giroud between September-November 2015.
Pitch to Post Preview – Liverpool v Man City particular: Jamie Carragher’s verdict, team information & line-ups, and the standout stats
In this week’s Pitch to Post Preview Podcast Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher joins Peter Smith for an in-depth have a look at Sunday’s huge conflict between Liverpool and Man City.
Carragher provides his verdict on whether or not Liverpool can recuperate within the title race after their defeat to Brighton – and what they must do to beat Man City of their must-win match at Anfield.
We additionally hear the most recent from each golf equipment, with Sky Sports News reporters Vinny O’Connor and Ben Ransom sharing the team information and discussing the choice points forward of the sport.
And Sky Sports stats star Matt Cheetham has the numbers behind the 5 key areas of the sport, so hear in and impress your mates along with his stats and info! He additionally makes his Pitch for what is going to occur within the match – and divulges whether or not the info backs up the predictions made by a few of Sky Sports’ Twitter followers!
Subscribe to the Pitch to Post Podcast on Apple | Spotify | Castbox | Spreaker
Win £250,000 with Super 6!
Do not miss your probability to land the £250,000 in Saturday's Super 6 spherical. Play without spending a dime, entries by 3:00pm.