Claressa Shields confirmed her hanging energy as she stopped Brittney Elkin with a barrage of punches in the third spherical of her MMA debut in New Jersey.
The 26-year-old American, who is likely one of the greatest stars in ladies’s boxing, overcame a tough begin to her profession in the Professional Fight League as she was compelled to the bottom for 2 rounds earlier than delivering an explosive end.
Shields switched her consideration to MMA after turning into a two-time undisputed champion in March and Elkin pounded her with punches after gaining full mount in the opening spherical.
The American star switched codes after turning into undisputed once more in March
Elkin then withstood a flurry of photographs in the second from Shields, who needed to escape an armbar after once more being compelled down.
But Shields repelled one other takedown try in the third, responding with a torrent of heavy photographs earlier than referee Gasper Oliver waved it off.
- Euro 2020 fixtures & schedule for 2021 event
- Subscribe to the Sky Sports Football Euros podcast
- England XI vs Croatia: Writers’ verdicts
- Hearn: Logan Paul ‘the winner’ in Mayweather battle
- Euro 2020 – Your important information
- Man Utd in Pogba contract talks | Remain in Sancho negotiations
- James on England function: ‘I’ve skilled in three positions’
- Mercedes plan change after Hamilton ‘magic’ mishap
- Shields survives onslaught to win by KO on MMA debut
- How Haaland would rework Chelsea
Shields overcame Elkin with her hanging energy
“I feel like I am dreaming,” Shields instructed PFL. “This is crazy.”
“I by no means doubted myself successful a boxing match in my life. MMA, it is prefer it’s doable I can lose this primary battle.
“I simply had a never-quit angle each spherical.
The 26-year-old celebrated her victory in New Jersey
“She had me on the ground, but she couldn’t hurt me. Her punches didn’t hurt me. She tried to get me in an armbar and that didn’t hurt me.
“I could have misplaced these two rounds, however I’m not dropping this battle.”