Arsenal defender Gabriel has examined positive for coronavirus, ruling the Brazilian out of the Gunners’ upcoming matches in opposition to Brighton and West Brom.
It was introduced on Boxing Day that Gabriel would have to self-isolate after he was flagged as an in depth contact of somebody who had examined positive for the virus.
He missed the 3-1 victory over Chelsea because of this and information of his positive test means he might be absent for the journeys to Brighton and West Brom on Tuesday and Saturday respectively.
- Brighton vs Arsenal preview: Gabriel to miss out
- Ref Watch: Were Emirates penalty calls proper?
- Atletico to bid for Maitland-Niles after Trippier ban
- Ozil: I want I may assist Arsenal
A press release on Arsenal’s web site mentioned: “Gabriel has tested positive for Covid-19 and is isolating according to UK Government and Premier League protocols.
“We will proceed to monitor and help Gabriel, and we hope he might be accessible once more after our subsequent two matches.”
- Why are Tottenham so destructive?
- Everton-Man City off after Covid outbreak at City
- PDC World Darts Championship: Draw, outcomes, schedule
- Santos deny Messi broke Pele purpose report
- Ole: Cavani may prolong Man Utd keep
- Lampard: Chelsea having a tough time
- Gabriel to miss two Arsenal games after positive Covid test
- Barnes strikes once more to seal late Leicester draw
- Hits and misses: Liverpool face damage disaster
- Martinez pips Salah and El Ghazi in kind chart
Compatriots David Luiz and Willian had been additionally dominated out of the Chelsea sport by sickness, however the membership clarified the pair had examined destructive for Covid-19 and had been due to rejoin the complete squad on New Year’s Eve. Thomas Partey additionally stays out with a thigh damage.
Follow Brighton vs Arsenal in our devoted reside match weblog. Highlights will even be printed on the Sky Sports digital platforms and the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the ultimate whistle.
- Download the Sky Sports Scores App: Apple | Android
- The UK’s No 1 scores app: Find out extra
Everton v Manchester City off after Covid outbreak at City
Manchester City’s Premier League sport at Everton on Monday evening was postponed 4 hours earlier than kick-off due to a Covid-19 outbreak among the many City squad.
It is the second Premier League sport this season to be referred to as off due to a coronavirus outbreak, after Aston Villa vs Newcastle earlier this month.
Quite a few games within the English Football League (EFL) over the festive interval have additionally been postponed due to outbreaks, with an additional seven games hit on Monday.
On Christmas Day, Manchester City introduced that Gabriel Jesus and Kyle Walker had examined positive for coronavirus, together with two members of membership workers. The membership have now closed their first-team coaching floor, which is able to endure a deep clear.
Win £250,000 without cost on Tuesday!
Do not miss your likelihood to land the £250,000 in Tuesday's Super 6 spherical. Play without cost, entries by 3:00pm.