Scottish Championship aspect Queen of the South have apologised to followers after politician George Galloway attended their Boxing Day fixture.
The former MP despatched a tweet from the match – which Dundee received 3-1 – though it was performed on the day the space moved into Tier 4 restrictions, that means followers have been unable to attend.
Galloway’s presence at the fixture has provoked one thing of an outcry from supporters, with Member of the Scottish Parliament Colin Smyth amongst those that have been vital of the choice to let him attend.
A Queen of the South assertion on Sunday learn: “We can confirm that George Galloway did attend our game against Dundee at Palmerston yesterday.
“He was socially distant inside an space of the floor the place he shaped a bubble together with his household. All Covid protocols have been adopted always.
- Late Saiss aim denies Spurs as Wolves declare deserved draw
- WATCH NBA: Mavericks @ Clippers FREE LIVE!
- Matip injured once more; Carragher: Liverpool should purchase
- Klopp: It’s our personal fault | Allardyce: Fantastic job
- Hits and misses: Liverpool face damage disaster
- What tier is your staff in?
- PDC World Darts Championship: Draw, outcomes, schedule
- Clemens ends Snakebite’s World Championship reign
- Sir Alex pays tribute to ‘greatest adversary’ McLean
- Queen of the South sorry for Galloway attendance
“We would like to apologise to our supporters who have been upset by his attendance at the match.”
MSP Smyth replied: “Sorry, this isn’t ok.
“Fans deserve an explanation, not this half-hearted apology.”
Win £250,000 free of charge on Tuesday!
Do not miss your probability to land the £250,000 in Tuesday's Super 6 spherical. Play free of charge, entries by 3:00pm.