Mikel Arteta believes Kieran Tierney can be a future Arsenal captain, describing the defender as a “natural leader”.
The 23-yr-outdated has been one among Arsenal’s standout performers this season and continued his superb kind within the 4-0 win at West Brom on Saturday with a aim and an help.
Tierney has beforehand captained Scotland and his former membership Celtic, and Arteta is assured the left-again can someday put on the Arsenal armband.
- West Brom 0-4 Arsenal: Match report and highlights
- Arteta: Arsenal gamers took handbrake off
- Arteta not sure on Ozil return as switch window opens
Asked whether or not Tierney can grow to be a future Arsenal captain, Arteta mentioned: “I think he can be, because he has the respect and the admiration of every member of the staff and every player.
“It’s simply the way in which he’s, he does it in a pure means. He’s a very shy boy however I believe he represents all the values we wish to set up and which are within the DNA of this soccer membership.
- Keane warns: Chelsea do not give managers time
- Smith Rowe provides Arsenal what they lacked
- Is time working out for Lampard?
- Arteta suggestions Tierney for captain, Lacazette talks in summer
- PSG in talks with Everton over £31m deal for Kean
- Chelsea vs City rankings: KDB, Gundogan run the present
- Price topples Anderson for maiden world crown
- January switch window: Each PL membership assessed
- Lampard: I’m prepared for the combat
- Hits & misses: Are City actually favourites for title?
FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Arsenal’s win over West Brom within the Premier League.
“He’s shy, he is so humble as properly. He got here right here and it took him some time, he had a very unhealthy damage and he is away from house, however he is a pure chief.
“You see how he behaves on that pitch, and when he talks he says the suitable factor and it is precisely what we’re searching for and I’m so happy to have him within the crew.
“In both phases [attacking and defensively] I think he can do really well. He can still improve but at the moment he’s a real threat in attack and he’s been really solid defensively. It’s the type of contribution we need from our full-backs.”
‘We’ll speak to Lacazette within the summer’
Alexandre Lacazette has additionally been key in Arsenal’s latest revival, having scored 5 objectives of their final 4 video games together with two of their 4-0 win at West Brom.
The Frenchman is within the remaining 18 months of his contract at Arsenal and Arteta has revealed the 30-yr-outdated’s future on the Emirates will be mentioned this summer.
Thursday 14th January 7:30pm
Kick off 8:00pm
Asked whether or not new contract talks with Lacazette are underway, the Spaniard mentioned: “No, we haven’t talked about anything related to his contract.
“We will speak within the summer and decide on what will occur.
“I’m delighted with the way he’s performing, the goals he’s scoring and the form and energy he’s got at the moment, so he needs to keep doing that.”
Win £250,000 without cost with Super 6!
Do not miss your probability to land the £250,000 in Saturday's Super 6 spherical. Play without cost, entries by 3:00pm.