Mick McCarthy has been sacked because the supervisor of Cypriot side APOEL Nicosia, barely two months after taking charge of the membership.
The 61-year-old, who accomplished a second spell in charge of Republic of Ireland previous to taking over the APOEL job, has seen his side battle in current matches.
A run of 4 consecutive defeats has seen the membership – who completed third in the highest division final season – drop to tenth this marketing campaign, one place decrease than when he took over.
- Mick McCarthy turns into APOEL supervisor
- Stephen Kenny replaces Mick McCarthy as Ireland supervisor
That mini-slump has seen McCarthy subsequently relieved of his duties, alongside together with his long-term assistant, Terry Connor.
“The company APOEL FOOTBALL (PUBLIC) LTD announces the end of its cooperation with coach Mick McCarthy,” the membership mentioned in a press release.
- Ole: Klopp’s penalty level could also be to affect refs
- Is Klopp proper over Man Utd penalty declare?
- Carson amongst three extra Man City positives
- Campbell ‘hurting’ however no retirement ideas
- Redknapp: Reaching closing an enormous assertion from Spurs
- Lacazette soars to No 1 in type chart
- Time for Ole to show potential into main prizes?
- A forgotten heavyweight king should now struggle?
- Man Utd switch rumours: Will Pogba go away in Jan?
- McCarthy sacked by APOEL after eight video games in charge
Jack Byrne was given his first worldwide cap by McCarthy
“We wish Mr. McCarthy and his assistant Terry Connor good luck.”
Ireland worldwide Jack Byrne lately joined the membership and, after spending time in isolation, he made his debut as an Eighty fifth-minute substitute in APOEL’s 2-1 defeat to Doxa on Tuesday night time, McCarthy’s final match in charge.
Win £250,000 free of charge with Super 6!
Do not miss your probability to land the £250,000 in Saturday's Super 6 spherical. Play free of charge, entries by 3:00pm.