Pep Guardiola says Manchester City will have to subject a number of youngsters in opposition to Wycombe Wanderers because the membership continues to wrestle with accidents.
Aymeric Laporte, John Stones, Rodri and Oleksandr Zinchenko all missed Saturday’s Premier League clash with Southampton, as City have been held to a goalless draw on the Etihad.
Guardiola has revealed midfielder Ilkay Gundogan can also be a doubt to face Wycombe in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday and admits he will want to use academy gamers in the third-round match.
- Lacklustre City held as penalty drama denies Southampton
- Clear and apparent error? Hasenhuttl questions Moss’ ‘bravery’
“I don’t have any alternative… we are going to play a few young players,” Guardiola mentioned.
“We have John (Stones), Aymeric (Laporte), Oleks (Zinchenko), Rodri and I believe Gundogan all of them injured.
- Neville: Alarm bells for Kane
- Euro: Poch defends Messi sub, Real win, Haaland stars
- Keane ‘indignant’ at lacklustre Spurs show
- Souness, Keane shocked by Noble penalty choice
- Usyk’s 10-year plot to convey AJ down
- Why Hamilton and Verstappen are ‘very possible’ to crash once more
- Hits and misses: De Gea again, Lukaku again and even higher
- Tuchel: Mendy not snug sufficient to face Spurs
- Pep: I’ll have to play youngsters in opposition to Wycombe
- Everton’s James in talks with Qatar membership
“It’s a good opportunity for the academy – that’s why they are there.”
FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Manchester City’s draw in opposition to Southampton in the Premier League
After dealing with Wycombe, City tackle Premier League leaders Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League after which Liverpool inside the area of 9 days.
Guardiola says he will look to rotate a few of his key gamers in opposition to the League One facet, with one eye on the journey to Stamford Bridge on September 25.
“Some players might rest for the games we have coming up ahead of us,” he added.
“Ruben (Dias) played all of the minutes so far and Joao (Cancelo) played all of the minutes, too, so I don’t think they will be able to play in this game.”
Win £250,000 with Super 6!
Another Saturday, one other probability to win £250,000 with Super 6. Play totally free, entries by 3pm.