Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez have been included in Liverpool’s Champions League squad for the rest of the season.
Netherlands worldwide Van Dijk has been sidelined with an anterior cruciate ligament damage since October, and is a doubt to play once more this time period.
Fellow defender Gomez can be unlikely to play once more in 2020/21 after choosing up a knee damage whereas coaching with England in November.
- Liverpool CL tie at RB Leipzig might be at impartial venue
- Jurgen Klopp: Signings want time after ‘Hollywood’ strikes
Klopp beforehand mentioned Liverpool would solely embrace the Van Dijk in their squads ought to they’ve house, understanding a return earlier than the following marketing campaign was “not likely”.
“No doctor told me there’s a chance for Virgil to play again this season. I don’t want to say it’s impossible but it’s not likely,” Klopp mentioned.
- Nicol on restoration from phone-hack trauma
- Ex-Fulham prospect: How sport exploits boys on brink of PL dream
- Wright ‘dissatisfied’ as teenager avoids racist abuse conviction
- Introducing… The All-Star Kansas City offense
- Ref Watch: Luiz needed to go | Dean bought it incorrect
- Jose: Fresh begin for Dele; Kane again subsequent week
- How Liverpool pulled off ‘intelligent’ Kabak deal
- When Haye and Wilder traded ‘bombs’
- Out-of-contract XI
- Van Dijk, Gomez in Liverpool’s CL squad
Van Dijk sustained the damage after this problem from Jordan Pickford
“I feel we have now house for Virgil on the Champions League listing. If we have now house for it, then Virgil will probably be on the (Premier League) listing.
“If there is no space we have to make a decision. If he is on the list it is only because we hope for a miracle, that is it.”
New recruits Ben Davies and Ozan Kabak have been included in the squad together with fellow defender Nat Phillips.
Joel Matip has been taken off the listing after he was dominated out for the rest of the 2020-21 season with an ankle ligament damage.
Matip suffered the damage in a problem with Heung-Min Son throughout Liverpool’s victory over Tottenham on Thursday, and was subsequently substituted at half-time.
Win £250,000 with Super 6!
Do not miss your likelihood to land the £250,000 in Saturday's Super 6 spherical. Play at no cost, entries by 3:00pm.